Luxurious Queensland Replica with Tantalising Views
Due to illness, the Sellers need to sell immediately! "All reasonable offers will be considered."
Perched on the hill tops of East Palmerston, just 20 minutes from Innisfail and Milla Milla and one hour’s drive from Cairns and the Atherton Tablelands sits this quality home. It was built to the Vendor’s design, based on the style of a 1930's highset Queenslander, with verandas all round and complete with a mango tree and rainwater tank out the front.
There is a major advantage of cool breezes and spectacular location, with 360 degree views of uninterrupted magic including rolling pastured hills, amazing sunsets, majestic mountain ranges including Mount Bartle Frere and distant views of the ocean and Innisfail twinkling night lights. A star gazers dream from all three levels and surrounds. There is nothing left to do but to enjoy this remarkable property that is very low maintenance to cater for those in their later years. Plus there is the opportunity to earn an income with homestays and /or B&B potential.
What makes this property astounding?
* The main house is built by a local award-winning builder in 2006, so there will never be any concerns with asbestos or meeting all Category 5 cyclone standards.
* The ground level is fully concreted and cyclone braised, and also has 360 degree views with approximately 324 sqm under-roof area. It is of legal height with the opportunity to add more living area and bedrooms, which is ideal for a B&B. There is space for three vehicles and heaps of area for entertaining /parties.
* There is a regal authentic Queenslander stairway to the second level, opening up to a superb timber wrap-around veranda 3 m to 4.2 m deep at the back. You can walk through the French doors into the spacious open plan living area that will leave you gasping with awe - a flash from the past combined with pure modern luxury. The central feature of this awesome home is its beautiful bricked wall fireplace complete with cooktop and bakers oven.
* The guest bedroom is air conditioned and opens out to one side of the back veranda. It also has council approval for a second room of the same size to be built on the other end if required.
* The kitchen is a chef’s delight and meets council requirements for cooking and catering. Adjoining to the kitchen is a large walk-in 5 m long Butler’s Pantry that every cook would be envious of, with floor to ceiling shelving, work space bench and lots of room for fridges etc.
* The home is fully air conditioned (reverse cycle) with timber ceiling fans, wooden blinds throughout, and made-to-measure timber shutters add to the homes charm in the lounge /dining area inclusive of chandeliers
* The toilet and shower are outfitted with the Caroma Vintage series, a claw foot bath, pedestal basin and all with brass fittings.
* Each aluminium casement window has been installed to open out to its fullest, to take advantage of the all-year-round cooling breeze. Together with the wrap around veranda that captures views and breezes, relaxation makes this home a marvel particularly when it comes to energy cost economy plus on those wet days you won’t need to shut those windows.
* An internal stairwell with timber balustrade leads to the third level of this beautiful home where a very commodious couple’s retreat overlooks the fireplace and spectacular views. Timber French doors lead out to a very private balcony.
* The home and outbuildings are all colour coordinated and built to cyclone standard. They are constructed of colorbond and steel and fully concreted cement slab flooring, plus loads of undercover parking for small and large vehicles including that big boat!
* A large three bay powered shed boasts a high clearance full length lean to, approximately 5 m deep with cement slab, mezzanine floor for extra storage and a fully self-contained very presentable granny flat /studio with amazing country views. This flat /studio includes a TV outlet, heater and its own backroom /toilet.
* The property is fully fenced which makes it suitable to keep any large or little dog or livestock safe
*Plus there is another smaller secured fenced area with its own concrete shed housing horse stable, and a storage area that could be used as a fancy chook house or similar.
* There is a bore sunk 65 metres deep for the properties main water supply, feeding from two pristine underground streams, servicing two large tanks with two separate pressure pumps (one for the main house and one for the shed), on an off-peak tariff timer and these tanks are always full.
* The lovely landscaped gardens include three large raised garden beds for the vegies which make it very easy on the back (no bending required) - a gardeners dream. There is a small DPI-approved banana crop of dwarf Ducas for personal use plus the property has a small orchard with over 10 tropical exotic fruit and citrus trees including six grape vines.
Words cannot describe this magnificent properties attributes and its 360 degrees of amazing visual stimulation. Only an inspection can bring this dream to true realisation with its beauty and value.
The Vendors are devastated to leave their dream home due to unforeseen circumstances however they are negotiable for a prompt sale. Best you don't delay!
Community FeaturesMedical Centre/Hospital
Property FeaturesAir Conditioning
Rain Water Tank
(07) 4061 1466
for more information